Here it is ..I have been teaching my cracker for well over 5 years now and given the instructions out for free for anyone who wants it..only stipulation is that you say where you got it from..me. Ive made short fat ones, mini ones and extra large ones. My Christmas cracker is metric not inches sorry!
Materials used. Sweet Slumber Specialty Paper (114037), So Saffron Cs 108611, scallop circle punch(109043), 1 3/8 Circle punch(104401), Lovely Letters Alphabet (116392), Seasons Surfin’ (retired So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (freebie and now retired) , sponge daubers, Ruby Red ink pad.
- Cut a 30.5 x30.5 Specialty Designer Paper (Sweet slumber here) to 20cm x 30.5 cm. You can use A4 Cardstock for this cracker but the length will be shorter.
- Score the cardstock every 3cm as shown. So you will score at 3,6,9,12,15 and 18. You will be left with a two centremetre flap. This is needed to adhere the edges together.
- Turn the cardstock and start at one end. Score 3 cm three times. Ie score at 3, 6 and 9cm from the edge.
- Start at the other end and do the same so that you have a 12.5cm centre area.
- Fold all score lines and burnish with a bone folder.
- Fold one end mountain/valley/mountain folds as shown and the other end the opposite. Ie. Valley/mountain/valley
- Fold mountain end up and the other end down as shown.
- If it helps, draw lines on mountain end and valley ends as shown and cut out. Your cracker should look like this when cutting out.
- Turn on over and embellish the outside.
- Attach the snap to the inside in the centre with liquid glue or sticky strip/double sided tape.
- With sticky strip or double sided tape, attach to flaps and adhere edges together.
- Fold and twist in the ends gently. Tie with ribbon
If you have any problems don’t hesitate but to call me (07 3048807).. or email me on email@example.com
I recommend you practise first on a scrap piece of cardstock before you start on your crackers for real.
Have fun making them!!
6 commentsAdd Yours
Hey Delys! Look what I stumbled upon on my Google search!!! I’m wanting to give these a try so I’ll bookmark and credit you! They’re great!!
These look great. Same as Tania, have bookmarked this for ‘Ron’ (later on).
[…] Ive just republished my Christmas Cracker Instructions again as I had that set to private when the Helping Hudson tutorials were on. But now as you can no longer purchase them. I have republished the post. You can find it here […]
[…] Ive been teaching this cracker for as long as Ive been teaching! Ive changed it this year as I want to use the Sweet Slumber Specialty Paper..just love it! For instructions..go here […]
I love this but am totally stuck as I have ended up with 2 totally different ends & can’t fold it can someone help please
There should be two different ends Lorraine. Just check that your score lines and cut out triangles go up one way on one side and down on the the other side.